Description of the activities
The downloadable resources include
My Victorian Scrapbook
||A collection of 5
activities to support the children's exploration of the 'Inside the
Shop' section of the site. The activities are:
- Searching the site. 8 simple search questions to encourage the
children to search the site.
- Wrapping sausages. A cut out and paste sequencing activity based
on how Victorian shops used to package their goods.
- What can I buy in the Victorian shop? A set of cloze exercises
on the produce that could be found in a shop 100 years
- My book of packages in a Victorian shop. A mini-book in which
the children can record their investigations of the range of
packaging found in a Victorian grocers.
- Shops - then and now. A table in which the children can record
their observations of the difference between shops today and
shops in Victorian times.
|A collection of 3
activities to support the children's reading of the 'Harrys Story'
section of the site. The activities are:
- Complete the story. A
simple cloze exercise of one page, based closely on the text of the
- Write your own story. A reproduction of the full story, with
outline pictures and lines for the children to write their own text,
on four sheets of A4.
- Extension activities. Some ideas for
independent imaginative writing based on the story of Harry Webb.
Creating our own
|This collection of
downloadable materials to support the creation of a Victorian Shop
in the classroom includes the following outline reproductions of
Victorian Sainsbury artefacts:
- An A4 poster of a Victorian advertisement for Sainsbury's tea.
- An outline copy of the Dolphin wall tile.
- An outline copy of the Chrysanthemum border tile.
- Outline labels for Pear and Pineapple tins.
- Label and top for Apricot jam.
- An exploded net of a Red Label tea packet.